Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect match at Tacoma Eye at Westgate.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Tacoma Eye at Westgate can help you find your match.
Our optical studio features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Transition lenses – These lenses are made of dynamic materials that automatically adjust to the level of surrounding light. They can take the place of prescription sunglasses and help block UV rays.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating can be applied to regular eyeglasses unless the lens is made with polycarbonate. UV coated lenses look like any other lens – the coating is transparent.
- Tinted sunglass lenses – If you are getting prescription sunglasses, you might want to get tinted eyeglasses instead. These look like sunglasses and protect the health of your eyes by keeping out UV rays, but technically they aren’t true sunglasses.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A transparent coating that helps protect glass lenses from those annoying scratches. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- Plastic lenses – Plastic lenses make the entire eyeglasses weigh significantly less than glass lens eyeglasses. If you are a person who dislikes feeling the weight of eyeglasses on your nose, this lightweight alternative might be right for you.
- Thinner lenses – The special polycarbonate lenses greatly reduce the thickness of the lenses so that the eyeglass profile is more attractive. Thinner lenses come in thin, extra-thin and thinnest available.
- Blue Light Protection – Artificial Blue light (from LED lights and computer screens) has been shown in studies to impact eye strain and may lead to eye damage. Eyestrain is linked to “overuse” of computers and digital devices as well. Natural blue light has been shown to have a positive impact on our circadian rhythm. It is important to get a selective blue light filter that blocks artificial blue light while allowing a healthy amount of natural blue light through. Eyezen™+ lenses offer some “accommodative relief” to alleviate eye strain in addition to protecting your eyes from harmful artificial blue light.
- Anti-glare lenses – Anti-glare lenses are dipped in a special material to make them less reflective than regular eyeglass lenses. This coating also improves the function of the eyeglasses because less light is lost and the wearer enjoys very clear vision.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Tacoma Eye at Westgate offers comprehensive eye exams at our Tacoma office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Tacoma Eye at Westgate now.