Please read our updated COVID protocols:
The safety of our patients and staff is our top concern.
Tacoma Eye has always followed universal precaution procedures and we continue to follow strict disinfection protocols.
- We are seeing patients by appointment only and ask that you please CALL FIRST. We are not seeing walk-ins. We encourage the use of our online history forms prior to arrival.
- We are utilizing one entry/exit for patients.
- Until further notice, our doors are locked. Please knock. A staff member will greet you, ask some screening questions and take your temperature. Please bring Photo ID and insurance cards with you.
- A patient supplied face covering is required in the office. Our office does not supply PPE.
- We are utilizing a drastically reduced schedule and seeing one patient at a time.
- We ask that only the patient may enter. Persons accompanying the patient (driver, family) are asked to wait safely in their vehicle. A legal guardian or caregiver is allowed and must accompany the patient at all times.
- When browsing frames please see a staff member for assistance.
- When your eyewear arrives, you be contacted to schedule curbside pick up.
- For the time being, we are unable to make frame repairs “while you wait” – As always patients are encouraged to have a “back up” pair of eyeglasses.
- If you have a new cough, fever we ask that you call our office so we can reschedule your appointment. Patients who do not arrive for their appointments (No Call/ No Show) or arrive without following these protocols designed to keep staff and patients safe are subject to a $40 rescheduling fee.
- To decrease contact and to protect patients and staff we are using Digital Retinal Imaging (DRI) to evaluate the inside of the eye. The cost has been reduced to $30.00 until further notice
We want to apologize in advance for any inconvenience experienced
during this time.